You Made Me Forget How To Cry - Song and Lyrics by Sam M. Lewis, Joe Young and Maurice Abrahams
BROWSE AND LISTEN TO MORE VINTAGE MUSIC BY THE LINKS BELOW
1800s Music 1900s Music 1910s Music 1920s Music
VINTAGE HOLIDAY MUSIC
Vintage Christmas Music
You Made Me Forget How To Cry
Words by Sam M. Lewis and Joe Young
Music by Maurice Abrahams
Waterson, Berlin and Snyder Co.
Strand Theatre Building
I tried to forget I was lonesome and blue, I tried not to frown and complain. I tried to forget all the sadness I knew, I tried but it all seemed in vain. When you came a long like the dawn of a day, You drove all the darkness away.
I'll never forget there were clouds in the skies, I tried to forget they were drear. I'll never forget that light in your eyes, Just made all the clouds for your head, The day that my lonely heart said:
You made me forget how to cry, little girl A world full of sighs, Put clouds in my eyes I prayed for sunshine, Time and time again; You were the sunshine that follwoed the rain. For I never knew how to smile little girl My heart wouldn't even let me try. But you seemed to be a God send to me, 'Cause you made me forget how to cry.'
CLICK HERE TO PLAY THIS SONG
- Vintage Christmas Music and Songs including other Old Time Vintage Christmas Web Sites for your enjoyment.
- Collection of Web Sites containing Vintage Halloween Music and Songs including other Old Time Vintage Halloween Web Sites for your enjoyment.
LISTEN TO 1920s AND 1930s MUSIC ONLINE
- online radio show that features music of the 1920s and 1930s.
The Big Broadcast
- Rich Conaty plays all the great music from the 1920s and 1930s every Sunday night 8:00 PM EST. through Midnight.
Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks
- performs Jazz and Pop music of the 1920s and 1930s.
Vintage Sound Recordings
- Collection of Web Sites containing Vintage Sound Recordings made from antique phonograph players, wax cyclinder record players and 78 RPM records.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW WHEN NEW SONGS ARE ADDED TO OUR WEB SITE?
If so, then click here to send us an email with your name and email address and we will add you to our mailing list.