Sweetie O' Mine - Song and Lyrics by Haven Gillespie and Egbert Van Alstyne
BROWSE AND LISTEN TO MORE VINTAGE MUSIC BY THE LINKS BELOW
1800s Music 1900s Music 1910s Music 1920s Music
VINTAGE HOLIDAY MUSIC
Vintage Christmas Music
Sweetie O' Mine
Words by Haven Gillespie
Music by Egbert Van Alstyne
Van Alstyne and Curtis, Music Publishers
177 North State Street
In a sweetly perfumed spot, where only desert moonbeams creep,
Pahjamah's heart is waking, is waking from its sleep, with the
beat of tom-tom-tom-tom-tom across the burning sand so softly
played, She hears her lover's tinkling, his tinkling serenade.
In her dreams Pahjamah hurries to her love at break of day,
Together they are riding, they're riding far away, In the cool of
evening while the camels rest within a welcome jungle glade,
She listens to his tinkling, his tinkling serenade.
Come, come to my balmy bungalow, Come with me, Pahjamah, to
the jungle oh Love's oasis, a quiet resting place is, my camels
wait within the palace gate, Out there, where desert breezes sigh
for you, A thousand slaves will gladly live and die for you,
Come, Pahjamah! my pretty, pink Pahjamah! Arise, arise,
the sun is in the skies!
CLICK HERE TO PLAY THIS SONG
- Vintage Christmas Music and Songs including other Old Time Vintage Christmas Web Sites for your enjoyment.
- Collection of Web Sites containing Vintage Halloween Music and Songs including other Old Time Vintage Halloween Web Sites for your enjoyment.
LISTEN TO 1920s AND 1930s MUSIC ONLINE
- online radio show that features music of the 1920s and 1930s.
The Big Broadcast
- Rich Conaty plays all the great music from the 1920s and 1930s every Sunday night 8:00 PM EST. through Midnight.
Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks
- performs Jazz and Pop music of the 1920s and 1930s.
Vintage Sound Recordings
- Collection of Web Sites containing Vintage Sound Recordings made from antique phonograph players, wax cyclinder record players and 78 RPM records.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW WHEN NEW SONGS ARE ADDED TO OUR WEB SITE?
If so, then click here to send us an email with your name and email address and we will add you to our mailing list.