San - Song and Lyrics by Lindsay McPhail and Walter Michels
BROWSE AND LISTEN TO MORE VINTAGE MUSIC BY THE LINKS BELOW
1800s Music 1900s Music 1910s Music 1920s Music
VINTAGE HOLIDAY MUSIC
Vintage Christmas Music
Words and Music by
Lindsay McPhail and Walter Michels
Van Alstyne and Curtis
Toledo, Chicago and New York
King San of Senegal Sat on the shore At Bulamay,
Singing a sad refrain. To his dear queen who'd gone away, This
was his lay.
One day the queen came home Saw San in sadness on the shore,
Told him she'd no more roam. Only her San would she adore,
Then came this lore.
Oh, sweet heart Lona, my darling Lona, Why have you gone
away? You said you loved me, But if you loved me, Why did you
act this way? If I had ever been untrue to you, What you have
done would be the thing to do; But my heart aches, dear, And it
will break, dear, If you don't come back home again to San!
Oh, sweet heart Lona, my darling Lona, Have you come back to
stay? You said you loved me, I knew you loved me, I knew you'd |
come some day. If I had ever been untrue to you, What you have
done would be the thing to do; But now you're mine, dear, For all
the time, dear, And you're forgiven by your loving San!
CLICK HERE TO PLAY THIS SONG
- Vintage Christmas Music and Songs including other Old Time Vintage Christmas Web Sites for your enjoyment.
- Collection of Web Sites containing Vintage Halloween Music and Songs including other Old Time Vintage Halloween Web Sites for your enjoyment.
LISTEN TO 1920s AND 1930s MUSIC ONLINE
- online radio show that features music of the 1920s and 1930s.
The Big Broadcast
- Rich Conaty plays all the great music from the 1920s and 1930s every Sunday night 8:00 PM EST. through Midnight.
Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks
- performs Jazz and Pop music of the 1920s and 1930s.
Vintage Sound Recordings
- Collection of Web Sites containing Vintage Sound Recordings made from antique phonograph players, wax cyclinder record players and 78 RPM records.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW WHEN NEW SONGS ARE ADDED TO OUR WEB SITE?
If so, then click here to send us an email with your name and email address and we will add you to our mailing list.