Old Pal Why Don't You Answer Me? - Song and Lyrics by Sam M. Lewis, Joe Young and M. K. Jerome
BROWSE AND LISTEN TO MORE VINTAGE MUSIC BY THE LINKS BELOW
1800s Music 1900s Music 1910s Music 1920s Music
VINTAGE HOLIDAY MUSIC
Vintage Christmas Music
Old Pal Why Dont You Answer Me?
Words by Sam M. Lewis and Joe Young
Music by M. K. Jerome
Waterson, Berlin and Snyder Co.
Strand Theatre Building
Broadway at 47th Street
New York, NY.
Old pal old gal, You left me all alone; Old pal old gal, I'm
just a rolling stone. Shadows that come stealing, Thru the
weary night; Always find me kneeling, In the candle light.
Old pal, old gal, The nights are long and drear; Old pal old gal,
Each day seems like a year. No one left to meet me, After
all I've toiled; No one here to greet me, It's an empty world.
The long night through I pray to you, Old pal why don't you
answer me? My arms embrace an empty space, The arms that
held you tenderly. If you can hear my pray'r away up there; Old
pal why don't you answer me?
CLICK HERE TO PLAY THIS SONG
- Vintage Christmas Music and Songs including other Old Time Vintage Christmas Web Sites for your enjoyment.
- Collection of Web Sites containing Vintage Halloween Music and Songs including other Old Time Vintage Halloween Web Sites for your enjoyment.
LISTEN TO 1920s AND 1930s MUSIC ONLINE
- online radio show that features music of the 1920s and 1930s.
The Big Broadcast
- Rich Conaty plays all the great music from the 1920s and 1930s every Sunday night 8:00 PM EST. through Midnight.
Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks
- performs Jazz and Pop music of the 1920s and 1930s.
Vintage Sound Recordings
- Collection of Web Sites containing Vintage Sound Recordings made from antique phonograph players, wax cyclinder record players and 78 RPM records.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW WHEN NEW SONGS ARE ADDED TO OUR WEB SITE?
If so, then click here to send us an email with your name and email address and we will add you to our mailing list.