When The Old Oaken Bucket Was New - Song and Lyrics by Joe Cooper and George J. Moriarty
BROWSE AND LISTEN TO MORE VINTAGE MUSIC BY THE LINKS BELOW
1800s Music 1900s Music 1910s Music 1920s Music
VINTAGE HOLIDAY MUSIC
Vintage Christmas Music
When The Old Oaken Bucket Was New
Music by Joe Cooper
Music by George J. Moriarty
Harry Cooper Music Pub. Co.
New York City
Summer was blooming, old times were looming, while I closed
my eyes; Scenes I love dearly, came back so clearly, under
summer skies, Stars were a gleaming, I was just dreaming,
Dreaming, dear of you, Back to the time when you became mine,
Just a memory.
Life was a pleasure each day a treasure, that I foundly praise,
Thoughts of the morrow, never brought sorrow, in those good old
days, Back to our childhood, back thro' the wild wood, My
thoughts seem to fly, What can compare with those days so rare,
Days that never die.
When the old oaken bucket was new, That's the first time I made
love to you, You turned your head, but you heard all I said, As we
sat by the well just we two, We both vowed that our hearts love
would flow Just as long as the water below, Life is sweet yet, but
I'll never forget, When the old oaken bucket was new.
CLICK HERE TO PLAY THIS SONG
- Vintage Christmas Music and Songs including other Old Time Vintage Christmas Web Sites for your enjoyment.
- Collection of Web Sites containing Vintage Halloween Music and Songs including other Old Time Vintage Halloween Web Sites for your enjoyment.
LISTEN TO 1920s AND 1930s MUSIC ONLINE
- online radio show that features music of the 1920s and 1930s.
The Big Broadcast
- Rich Conaty plays all the great music from the 1920s and 1930s every Sunday night 8:00 PM EST. through Midnight.
Vince Giordano and the Nighthawks
- performs Jazz and Pop music of the 1920s and 1930s.
Vintage Sound Recordings
- Collection of Web Sites containing Vintage Sound Recordings made from antique phonograph players, wax cyclinder record players and 78 RPM records.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW WHEN NEW SONGS ARE ADDED TO OUR WEB SITE?
If so, then click here to send us an email with your name and email address and we will add you to our mailing list.